Student Login Hi, (First Name) | Log Out
Updated April 1, 2017
Module 4: Curriculum and Learning Environments
Curriculum and Learning Environments
Are there special program requirements for infants and toddlers?
When you care for infants and toddlers you must:
* Encourage them to handle and manipulate a variety of objects
* Provide a safe environment for climbing, moving and exploring
* Provide materials and opportunities for large and small muscle development
* Read and talk to them daily
* Provide daily indoor opportunities for freedom of movement outside their cribs in an open, uncluttered space
* Place them in a prone (lying on the tummy) position part of the time when they are awake and under staff observation
* Not leave them in car seats once they arrive at the center even if they are asleep
* Not be left in playpens for extended periods of time excluding sleep time
* Talk to and interact with each infant and toddler often; naming objects and describing care encourages language development
* Hold and cuddle infants and toddlers to encourage strong relationships, and
* Respond to and investigate cries or other signs of distress immediately.
You must provide toys, objects and other play materials that:
* Are cleanable
* Are nontoxic, and
* Cannot cause a choking hazard for infants or toddlers.
* You must not use baby walkers."
New Enrollments Set-Up
Monday - Friday 7 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 8 pm
Holidays 9 am – 8 pm
Live Chat and Email Support
Monday - Friday 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Holidays 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday 7 am – 6 pm
Saturday & Sunday Email and Chat Only
Holidays Email Support Only